July was a good month for me and I was able to get a few good runs in. Total mileage: 29.5. Not as much as I had hoped but there’s always August!
Here are a few highlights:
- July started off with a race. I ran Redwood City’s Annual Parade Run and had a great time! Read my recap here:
- Started my Rise & Run plan. This was my attempt to wake up at the crack of dawn to get my runs in. So how’s it going so far? Um…don’t ask! Let’s just say that it was ‘fun’ while it lasted and I’ve spent more time in my bed sleeping in than running. #SorryNotSorry
- Did some hill repeats. There is a slight incline off the trail that I run at and one evening I did some hill sprints. It was tough but I felt great at the end! I’d like to incorporate more of them in my training.
- Enjoying sunset walks more than sunset runs. It’s been HOT here in the San Francisco Bay Area and it makes it difficult to go for a run in the evenings! I do enjoy the beautiful sunsets on these walks though.
- Got some Comic-Con swag. Have you heard of The Oatmeal? If you haven’t, then you have to read Mark Inman’s popular comic: “The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distances“. I’m sure all you runners can relate. My brother-in-law was at San Diego’s Comic-Con and I told him to pick me up some Beat The Blerch stickers. Beat The Blerch is so popular that there will be a race inspired by that comic! Check the details out here: Beat The Blerch 10K/Half/Full Marathon
Half-marathon training has been going OK and I hope to amp it up in the next couple of months. October isn’t too far away and I need to get serious about getting those miles in. No pressure! I haven’t signed up for my October half marathon yet but I do have my sights on the San Jose Rock ‘n’ Roll Half. Here’s to an awesome August!
How was your July? Do you believe in The Blerch?!
See you at the finish line!