Running my first 10K trail race, testing out new gear, running my longest distance AND exceeding my goal of running 50 miles in a month?! March was indeed full of running madness!
My month in review:
- It was race month and I ran Brazen Racing’s Badger Cove 10K trail race. I had a blast running the trails and can say I’m officially hooked on trail running!
- I heard about ENERGYbits and was given the opportunity to test them out and host my first blog giveaway. Being #PoweredByBits kept me energized and feeling great during and after my runs!
- It was my first time running in compression gear and I purchased my first pair of ProCompression socks. I’m a fan and can’t take them off! They have been helpful during and after my long runs.
- I took advantage of Daylight Savings Time and said hello to sunset runs on the trails and good-bye to long treadmill runs at the gym!
- I embraced the much-needed rain that California has been getting and stomped on some puddles during a few runs.
- I ran my longest distance so far. Last Saturday, I planned on running 7 miles but ended up going a half mile more. I felt great and finished strong with negative splits!
- The goal that I am most proud of: Running more than 50 miles in a month! My total mileage for the month: 69.9 miles! This is HUGE for me! Last month, I was a few miles shy of reaching 50 miles and I made it a goal to reach it in March. Not only did I reach it, I surpassed it. I can feel my body getting stronger each week with the increased mileage. It definitely has been improving my speed and also preparing me for longer distances.
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” ~Lao Tzu
March was definitely a great month but I’m looking forward to see what April has in store for me! I don’t have a race scheduled this month (yet!) because I’m officially starting my 6-month training for my FIRST HALF-MARATHON! I haven’t chosen which half-marathon race to run because there are a few that I am still deciding on: The Nike Women’s Half (if I get in), the San Jose Rock & Roll Half Marathon or the Los Angeles Rock & Roll Half Marathon. What I do know is that it has to be my 35th race and in October for my 35th birthday.
I’ve also been researching everything about half-marathons online and getting tips from other runners. My plan is to increase my mileage by focusing on my pace and time each week. I’ve printed out several Runner’s World Training Guides to get me started and seeing which plan will work for me. I’m excited and a little nervous but I’m looking forward to accomplishing this goal! The next few months are going to be a challenge for me; mentally and physically but I know I CAN and WILL cross that finish line in October!
How was your March? Did you have a good running month? Any exciting run/races planned for April? Any half-marathon tips or advice for running your first half?
See you at the finish line!